Fry, not bake your thanksgiving turkey with this smoker – A delightfully smoky aroma permeates from the Masterbuilt 20077615 30-inch electric digital smokehouses while smoking poultry, pork, ham, seafood, corn or beef. Family and friends gather around you and your smoker in the spirit of good food and good times. Makes perfect and flawless smoking simple – Smoking is a breeze thanks to the simple techniques of this smoker. Plug this smoker in, set it and forget it! It is as easy to use as a microwave oven for the novice. No hassles toughening it out with charcoal or propane. Feed a large crowd over the holidays – With 721 square inches distributed among four smoking racks, you can get enough smoked food for at least ten people. Long smokes at low temperatures – The low smoking temps on this smoker help add flavor to smoked meats of veggies. It can get as hot as 275 degrees, so you don’t need to worry about the smoker getting too hot or burning anything.
No worries of under or over cooking – The RF remote allows you to control temperature and time. It turns the smoker on/off, on/off the light inside the smoker, and lets you know the meat temperature. No over or undercooking anything. Uses wood chips – Under the smoker’s heat source lays a superior wood chip loading system. About 4 cups of your choice of chip – cedar, maple or cherry will get you that rustic smoked flavor with around 5 hours of cooking. Clean with minimum fuss – There is a newly designed drip pan in the front that catches all the food juices and helps keep cleaning to a minimum.
The Masterbuilt 20077615 Features
Masterbuilt has some really unique and top-class features which make it distinguished among other similar products in the market. These notable features can be summarized as:
- Sturdy digital electric smoker with 721 square inches of cooking space
- Meat probe thermometer comes built-in for predictable cooking
- Even, consistent smoking up to 275 Degree F with the 800-watt heating element
- RF (radio frequency) remote controls and monitors time, temperature, on/off, internal light and meat temperature
- Reading the temperatures and cooking time is easy even in direct sunlight due to the blue LED display
- Smoother operating wood chip loading system and an improved drip catching pan
- Includes a smoking recipe CD and a smoker cover
- The interior is fully insulated with foam to keep the heat in
- Window in the front door gives a view into the four chrome-coated cooking racks
- UL, CUL and CSA Certified
Masterbuilt specializes in automotive aftermarket accessories apart from their core indoor and outdoor meat processing and cooking products. Masterbuilt owes its foundation to the day 1st January 1973 when 34-year-old Dawson McLemore Starter M&M Welding with his boys Don (11) and John (8) inspired by an idea to build a fern stand. He knew that building with his hands held a lot of promises. Their mission statement reads “Masterbuilt’s standard of excellence is to design and build the most innovative products in the industry and markets we serve”. Their vision statement reads “Masterbuilt will lead our industries in providing innovative, high-quality products and services, fully recognizing that all things are possible with GOD”. The incumbent owner and President/CEO of Masterbuilt Manufacturing, Inc is John McLemore
|Min/Max Temp||100°F to 275°F|
|Cooking Space||721 sq. inches|
|Product Dimension||30.00″ x 19.50″ x 18.5″|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
Masterbuilt 20077615 comes with a lot of handy advantageous features like:
- Improved design dip pans that can be accessed easily from the front of the smokers and the air dampers, both top and side; make these smokehouses more user-friendly
- More wood chips can be added without opening the door
- Cooking is fast and then washing these racks is easy
- You don’t have to drag the weight of the smoker due to its handle and rear wheels
- Internal light inside the smoker helps you see how well the cooking process is progressing
- Can blend into any cooking environment whether the patio, kitchen or backyard with minimum fuss
- A cover for the smoker is included so you can keep it protected from the weather when you aren’t using it
If you are a family of smoked food lovers, this will be a valuable gem in your kitchen. The smoker is also dishwasher friendly making it a mess-free option and easy to clean up the appliance.
Every coin has a flip side, it will be great if you consider the following before buying:
- Needs a longer warranty considering two of the main features – the heating element and display, are electrically powered
- Instruction manual not sufficient
- Size more suitable for a novice
When the disadvantages are considered, the lesser warranty period is one big pitfall for this wonderful smoker otherwise. Most reputed brands provide a strong 10-year back up on warranty making their product more buy-worthy
The Final Verdict
The Masterbuilt 20077615 imbibes the old-fashioned taste of wood-chip smoke into a digital machine. It can slowly smoke foods like chicken, ribs and corn at low temperatures in its chrome smoking racks. An RF remote makes it easy to use. The digital controls are convenient, easy to use and quick. If your decision boils down to a charcoal smoker versus an electric smoker, the traditional smoky charcoal flavor is second to ease of use and convenience. If you are looking for a good worthy smoker, this could be your best bet.
** All prices and ratings mentioned in this article are accurate at the time of publishing and may change with time.